Contract: Full time
The Sureserve Group of businesses provide market leading compliance and energy services across the UK, with over 2,100 employees working from over 20 offices.
We are committed to developing talent at all levels, ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion in the way we work and in the communities in which we work, and making sure that every one of our people, clients and customers has the opportunity and support to fulfil their professional and personal potential.
Providor, part of the Sureserve Group, are a leading provider of Smart Metering services across the UK.
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting into the Planning Operation Manager the Scheduler will be responsible for operational efficiency and on the day management of engineers. By ensuring engineer’s capacity is full, equipment is organised, engineers are aware of their daily jobs and everything is in place for job completion.
To ensure effective on the day co-ordination of engineers to achieve maximum outputs - such as absence, call outs, workloads and escalating any issues to achieve job completion.
To ensure effective communication with Engineers, Regional Operations Manager, Planning Manager and Head office by being open and honest and ensuring processes are being always followed.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all jobs are assigned to the relevant engineers within designated regional/client areas. To ensure the engineer’s schedules are efficient and achievable and driving is kept to a minimum.
- To re-plan any jobs that Providor no longer have the capacity for and update the customers of the changes. To re-plan any jobs that are affected by engineer’s holiday or sickness and update the customer of the changes.
- Ensure the engineers are aware of their daily schedules by assigning work their work and communicating any specific requirements. Including: Specific time slots which would result in an early or late start and any other requirements that would take the engineers outside contractual requirements.
- To ensure equipment, meters and assists are in place to allow the job to go ahead.
- The effective day to day co-ordination of engineers. By ensuring engineers have departed for their jobs. Checking throughout the day that engineers are on target to achieve their daily schedule and closing down any jobs throughout the day to ensure all job are either completed or aborted. Escalating any issues to the Team Manager.
- To investigate all aborted jobs to ensure they are genuine and liaise with the customers to ensure jobs a rescheduled for a convenient date.
- To manage customers expectations, keep customers update for early or late arrivals, redeploying and rescheduling appointments. Managing emergency call outs and achieving SLA’s of emergency appointments.
- To ensure processes are always followed to ensure the efficiency of the operation.
- To adapt to and complete any additional ad-hoc requests as instructed by your line manager.
Relevant Skills and Behaviours:
- Proven strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work under pressure and independently
- Organisational skills
- Following process
Qualifications and experience required:
- GCSEs in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Working experience in an office or call centre environment.
- Working as a Planner/Scheduler or experience of engineer management
- Geographical Knowledge
- Metering/Smart Metering
- Scheduling/Planning Systems (Big Change or similar)
- Company pension
- Healthcare Cash Plan (HealthShield)
- New vehicle finance discount scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- £10,000 Life Cover
- Additional holiday purchase scheme
COVID-19 considerations: If your job is furloughed due to Covid after starting with Providor, we will ensure you are paid 80% salary
The Sureserve Group values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.