Contract: Full time
The Sureserve Group of businesses provide market leading compliance and energy services across the UK, with over 2,100 employees working from over 20 offices.
We are committed to developing talent at all levels, ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion in the way we work and in the communities in which we work, and making sure that every one of our people, clients and customers has the opportunity and support to fulfil their professional and personal potential.
Providor, part of the Sureserve Group, are a leading provider of Smart Metering services across the UK.
Purpose of the Role:
Predominantly .NET/C# developer, working on greenfield project within the energy sector. Project is the implementation, development, and support of a brand-new field service workflow system to record and manage the rollout of smart metering in the UK. The successful individual will answer to the Development Manager and work alongside the existing development team and in conjunction with wider IT operations. There will also be occasional limited involvement with legacy systems.
The successful candidate will approach problems with the intention of understanding the best solution from a user perspective, not only the technical standpoint. A keen interest in emerging technologies and good grounding in current common technical practices. An interest outside of a professional setting in technology and problem solving. A healthy appetite for learning other languages (coding). They will have limited respect for dogma and be interested only in what works, not in "this is how it is done" mentality.
The developed solutions will operate in a much larger and well-established workflow environment for the Gas & Electric Metering industries as well as new environments; real-time field-based commissioning SMETS and customer specific tools. The role requires providing an excellent support service that ensures smooth deployment & release management, review, monitoring, maintenance, and confirmation of the software as well as good quality documentation.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing, testing, improving, and maintaining our in-house application suite
- Liaising with analyst to deliver key software features
- Refactor code and eliminate bugs
- Creating new solutions
Relevant Skills and Behaviours:
- Great communication skills
- Ability to solve problems alone and with others
- Demonstrable understanding of software development - essential
- Appreciation for knowledge sharing and documentation - essential
Qualifications and experience required:
- .NET Core & C#
- T-SQL/Entity Framework/core
- Azure AD App Integration
- Azure & DevOps experience – beneficial
- Docker, containers, Swarm, Kubernetes
- HTML/CSS - essential
- Webservice experience (Restful) essential
- oAuth Authentication
- Design patterns / SOLID principles
- Agile development exposure
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience using workload tools such as (Azure DevOps, Trello,etc) - essential
- Experience building scalable distributed solutions - beneficial
- Experience working on large transactional systems - beneficial
- Company pension
- Healthcare Cash Plan (HealthShield)
- New vehicle finance discount scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- £10,000 Life Cover
- Additional holiday purchase scheme
COVID-19 considerations: If your job is furloughed due to Covid after starting with Providor, we will ensure you are paid 80% salary
The Sureserve Group values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.