Contract: Full time
Location: Locations across the UK
The Sureserve Group of businesses provide market leading compliance and energy services across the UK, with over 2,100 employees working from over 20 offices.
We are committed to developing talent at all levels, ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion in the way we work and in the communities in which we work, and making sure that every one of our people, clients and customers has the opportunity and support to fulfil their professional and personal potential.
Providor, part of the Sureserve Group, are a leading provider of Smart Metering services across the UK.
Purpose of the Role:
- To exchange gas and electricity meters in customers’ homes.
- Provide a first class after-care service which includes a full demonstration to the customer on using their new meter.
- Repairing and maintaining meters after initial install.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- To carry out installs, exchanges and removals as per the relevant method statement (in line with Company and Industry standards).
- To ensure service level agreements (SLA’s) are achieved for works allocated.
- Respond to emergency call outs, as business needs dictate (as per rota system in operation).
- To ensure the efficient recording of all works completed or aborted.
- To offer a high standard of customer service to both the client and customer, keeping them informed of works being undertaken and fully demonstrating the meter after completion.
- To risk assess work/working environments before starting any works to avoid damages or injuries.
- To undertake all work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Report H&S issues encountered in line with company policy.
- A duty of care to ensure any potential risks encountered as a result of your visit are reported in line with industry guidelines, legal requirements & company policy.
- To take accountability for the vehicle & tools/equipment in your possession. This will include a regular stock take of material and regular checks of company van to ensure it is road worthy.
- To record / report any defects of the equipment in your possession.
- To ensure the professional representation of the company is maintained at all times, being clean and well presented in company uniform and being polite and courteous at all times.
- To attend all training and toolbox talks as requested.
Relevant Skills and Behaviours:
- Confident communicator
- Ability to develop excellent and collaborative working relationships.
- Proven ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Proven ability to manage a complex workload
- Attention to detail with good decision making / judgement skills
Qualifications and Key skills required:
- Single phase electric
- MOCOPA (1a and 1c)
- REGT1 and polyphase electric (desirable not essential)
- Full UK Driving licence
- Minimum of 6 months experience in fitting dual fuel smart meters
- Gas and electric meters
- 3 phase or single-off multi is advantageous
- Choice of 2 x lucrative bonus schemes
- Company pension
- Healthcare Cash Plan (HealthShield)
- New vehicle finance discount scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- £10,000 Life Cover
- Additional holiday purchase scheme
COVID-19 considerations: If your job is furloughed due to Covid after starting with Providor, we will ensure you are paid 80% salary
Salary: £28,000.00-£40,000.00 per year not including bonus scheme.